The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

12/31/06

December 31 2006: Harvey Danger, Mon Frere, Awesome - Crocodile Cafe, Seattle WA

Sara was supposed to join me for this gig, but she bailed at the last minute. But I already had tickets so I just went up myself and gave the other one away (it was only $5). It was good to see Seattle and to be inside the Crocodile again.

Awesome didn't do a single thing to me besides establish a convincing arguement for leaving to get a veggie gyro across the street. But when I came back they were still on stage. Goddamn. And Mon Frere were OK, but certainly nothing worth writing home about. Their guitarist looked exactly like Sean Nelson probably looked back when he was fifteen.

But Harvey Danger played great. Old songs, new songs, medium songs, and even a cover of Wings' "Jet." Good to see "Pike St/Park Slope" and "Little Round Mirrors" again, especially. It wasn't a great great show, but it was a fun time and I'm glad I was there.

This was the early, all-ages show though. It was over by eight and I had enough time to get back to Portland to spend New Year's Eve with Sean and Bwalya at the Horsebrass. And if I hadn't been so keen on seeing the McCormicks I certainly would have caught the late show instead. And I am informed that had I indeed caught the late show I would have witnessed not just one but two Harvey Danger sets. The first being exclusively cover tunes. Amongst them the entire second side of "Abbey Road." In order. Ie: "Here Comes the Sun" straight through to "Her Majesty."

And so I say: Goddamn. I used to value music over friends. Things have apparently changed. I think I need to get my life back in order. Just look at what this change has cost me already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home