The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

12/18/06

December 15 2006: The Hold Steady, Catfish Haven, Spouse - Pearl Street Clubroom, Northampton MA

So needless to say I was pretty excited for this show. Whitney skipped the first night of Hanukkah to come up, and Adam dragged his ass out of the house, and we were drinking, and things were looking to be pretty fun.

But I forgot that UMass is just a few miles away. I can't remember the last time I felt that penned in by the crowd. Maybe the last time I saw Smashing Pumpkins play a GA show and there were ten thousand people trying to squeeze to the front? It was ridiculous.

But you know what's even more ridiculous? The fact that the setlist was absolutely identical to Albany's, with only two exceptions ("Chillout Tent" instead of "Chicago Seemed Tired Last Night," "Hornets! Hornets!" instead of "Banging Camp"). Even in the same order.

And what else? Even the stage banter was the same. As in word for word. The same jokes, the same song introductions, the same everything.

So yeah - it was a pretty good time, and certainly worth it for free, and I'm sure as hell glad I was there, but Albany blew it right out of the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home