The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

12/31/06

December 30 2006: Adam Sweeney, Joel Bock, Russ Ragsdale - Mississippi Pizza, Portland OR

I debated going to this. I was definitely leaning away from it. But then Jon Behr called and said Lindsay would be sad if I didn't come. And I figured, fuck it, things might be awkward because who knows who a guy might run into, but I can't make Lindsay sad.

And things were pretty interesting. It was good to see Jon and Lindsay, and it was a lot of fun to spend the night laughing at circumstances with Sean and Bwalya in the back. It was good to see Buerkle (Brandon: Bwalya, hi! Haven't seen you in a while!; Bwalya: Yeah, not since you lost your virgninity!), and Harmony was there, and Adam and Sairi were there of course, and Adam played real nicely.

But! You know things are maybe heading south (ha!) when suddenly you find yourself simultaneously in the presence of ALL THREE GOOF TROOPERS. And then when Carmen, to whom earlier in the evening you had waved hello but got only an audible "uh......." in response, sits down at your table and starts the conversation with, "Hi. I think I've had enough to drink to talk to you," and somewhere in the middle mentions, "I told Sairi earlier that she needs to hate you a little more than she probably does."

But things were a lot of fun and a whole lot of laughs were had. Despite it being maybe one of the strangest short conversations of my life it was good to see Carmen after probably at least three years, and they had Mac and Jack's in the back, and really a night with Sean and Bwalya is a night well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home