The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

8/30/06

August 29 2006: Bob Dylan, Jimmie Vaughn, Junior Brown – New Britain Stadium, New Britain CT

For 120 miles on the odometer, $10 in gas and another $10 for a ticket from a guy in front of the gates, I got to see Dylan play “Tangled Up in Blue.” And, actually, to get a little more specific, I got to see Dylan play “Simple Twist of Fate” and then follow that with “Highway 61 Revisited” and then follow that up with “Tangled Up in Blue.” And for that little three-song bit of his set, I am so very very very glad I went to the show.

And also, he played “Like a Rolling Stone,” which was nice to hear again because the only other time I’ve heard him play it was in Seattle a couple years ago, at the Paramount Theatre (which is this very nice classy old theatre, fits a couple thousand people, great acoustics, old wood and chandeliers, that kind of thing) and during “Like a Rolling Stone” this motherfucker security asshole informs me that if I do not sit back down in my seat he will kick me out. It was one of the most bullshit moments of my life. I could not believe it. Everyone else was standing, aside from the middle-aged women immediately behind me. And I say to the guy, “Uh, look man, it’s a rock concert here,” and he counters, “Uh, no it’s not. It’s an entertainment event.” So it was nice to hear the tune again, because that guy pissed me off so much that he pretty much ruined it for me last time. Fucking cocksucker. To this day I wish him ill.

But yeah. It was fun. It was raining and there were people standing in the rain, drinking their beers and smoking their doobies and dancing. And Dylan played “Tangled Up in Blue.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home