The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

6/20/06

June 17 2006: Slayer, Lamb of God, Children of Bodon, Mastodon, Thine Eyes Bleed – Paul E. Tsongas Arena, Lowell MA

I work with a bunch of retards. And I don’t mean my coworkers are idiots, I just mean that my job involves helping some mentally handicapped individuals in their lives’ efforts. And sometimes that translates into taking them to see Slayer.

I wasn’t much of a metal fan before this show, and I remain not much of one after seeing five metal bands play in quick succession in an arena built for collegiate-level hockey. What can I say. But I got paid to go and that is something I can deal with pretty easily.

And the best part was that the big Saturday Night Metal Show was over before 11pm. I mean, I’ve been to fucking KEYBOARD POP shows that let out later than that. Gotta make sure the kids aren’t nodding off in the pews in the morning I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home