The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

4/30/06

April 26 2006: John Vanderslice, Page France – Iron Horse, Northampton MA

I almost didn’t go to this show just because I was pretty tired and cash is a little short and though I enjoy JV and all it’s not like I would kill for him or anything. I would have been entirely satisfied with the Bennington show, which I really only went to for the adventure and because I had nothing better to do with my Tuesday. But, as luck would have it, I figured why the hell not. And it turned out ok because I was able to talk my way through the doorman without paying the cover anyway.

And some good songs were played, pretty much the same stuff as in Bennington but in a different order, with a few songs added and a few songs subtracted, as could be expected. And it was fun, as could be expected. And for the quick pre-set soundcheck JV ran through a few lines of “I Miss the War,” which I haven’t heard since the first time I saw him play. So that was fun. And I finally saw a show here in Northampton after having lived here for over three months now, and I must say that seeing a show a half mile away from my house pretty much rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home