The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

11/30/05

November 16 2005: Death Cab for Cutie, Stars – Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

I doubt I’ll ever see Death Cab play again. And that’s kind of sad. Some quick math tells me that this was my twelfth Death Cab show. And on top of that I’ve seen Gibbard play solo three times and the Postal Service play once. Those shows have been spread out over all three west coast states. When I was living in Albuquerque I tried to drive to Boulder to see them play only to be stopped under three feet of blizzard in the Rockies. I mean, I used to LOVE this band. But I guess I used to love that girl I was living with in Albuquerque too. The new songs just don’t do much for me and they always play the same old songs and I don’t think I’ll ever see “No Joy in Mudville” no matter how many $20 tickets I buy. Good show though. Very average, middle of the road, good show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home