The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

8/1/06

August 1 2006: Kristen Gass, Laura Gibson, Adam Sweeney – Bishop’s Lounge, Northampton MA

You know, for a free show you can’t beat a nice little bill like this.

Adam played first, and it was just a pleasure watching him. His set included my favorite song of his, “Albuquerque,” a cover of the Long Winters’ “Cinnamon,” and a new song I hadn’t heard before but which sounded suspiciously like a certain Steve Earle tune. But it was good so we’ll let that slide. And I didn’t think he had it in him to talk a pre-10pm crowd into singing along to a tune they didn’t know, but he pulled it off. My hat definitely goes off to Mr. Sweeney on that one.

And Laura Gibson, whom I kind of know from Portland (in that we have mutual friends and have met a couple times) played a few songs and was pleasant enough, as was Kristen Gass, whose set I was sad to have to leave early in order to get back to the studying.


But I bought Laura’s EP and went home happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home