The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

7/31/07

July 29 2007: Every Folk Player In The Known Universe – Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, Dodd Farm, Hillsdale NY

Day three. Jesus Christ. What was I thinking coming to this thing? I woke up with the worst hangover I’ve experienced in quite a while, and still exhausted, but the temperature in the tent had more in common with saunas than with traditional-type sleeping quarters. So I spread my boxer-clad ass out in some shade and fell asleep. At which time the earth continued to spin and move relative to the sun’s fixed position and as such when I awoke I was no longer in the shade.

Hours later I managed to find the Workshop Stage to catch Shindell and Kaplansky sing a really nice duet of “Good Year for the Roses.” And then saw each of them play solo sets on the Main Stage, along with sets by the Neilds and Arlo Guthrie. At which point I was finally feeling alright, but at which point the weekend was over and we drove home and I turned the air conditioning up as high as it could go.

Song Highlight Of The Day: Not sure. It was hot, I felt like shit, and nothing really stuck out. But “Good Year for the Roses” was really really really nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home