The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

6/26/07

June 26 2007: Bob Dylan - Pines Theatre, Florence MA

The music started at 7pm, with one opener, in Florence. I was stuck in class in Amherst until eight. At which point the hazy sunset made the whole sky red and orange and as I drove over the bridge to Northampton it made for a beautiful reflection on the water I'm sure, but I wasn't paying attention cause I was hauling ass to the show. I could hear "It's Alright Ma" as I walked from the JFK parking lot to Look Park.

Seeing as how the show had already started, I felt my $10 offer to the only scalper left was more than reasonable. He wanted $40. I explained to him that the music we could hear meant the show had already started. He explained to me that he was stubborn and petty and wouldn't take anything less than $40. I countered with $20. He with $30. I with $20 again. He wouldn't budge. I bid him good day and proceeded to talk my way into the show at no cost to myself.

I'm not sure how much I missed, but I can't imagine it was better than the part of the show I caught. Songs I hadn't seen him play before included "Shelter from the Storm" and "Desolation Fucking Row." Songs I was more than happy to hear him play again included "Tangled Up in Blue" and "All Along the Watchtower" and "Highway Fucking Sixty One Revisited."

And a tip o' the hat to the nice security man working the gate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home