The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

12/9/10

Look Out Tacoma Dome

I wonder how much cash the Ticket Master makes selling email addresses to music venues. I get pretty regular emails from places all over the place. Some from places I've been to exactly once (North Star in Philadelphia, Black Cat in DC). Some from places I used to go to pretty regularly but now live far far away from (Neumo's in Seattle, Berbati's in Portland). Some from places in countries I haven't stepped foot one into in something like five years (Lee's Palace in Toronto, Bush Hall in London). Etc. Venues all over the world are, I presume, paying the Ticket Master for my email address, which the Ticket Master has cause once I bought a ticket online for a show at the Black Cat, or wherever.

Anyway: for no other reason than in 2001 I went up to the Tacoma Dome, up in beautiful/quasi-mythical Tacoma WA, cause all anybody wanted to do in 2001 as I recall was head up good old Interstate #5 to see AC/DC the T. Dome - for no other reason than I trekked up I-5 for AC/DC and made the mistake of buying that ticket online, today I am informed that should I wish to repeat that trek on July 8 I can catch the New Kids On The Block, with the Back Street Boys in the opening slot.

Look out Tacoma!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home