The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

5/17/10

Letter to Record Stores

Dear Record Stores: I don't want you to go out of business so please stock the records I want to buy and then I can happily buy them from you. Everybody wins.

I bring this up because the new Hold Steady and the new Josh Ritter albums were both issued on the same day a couple weeks ago. I walked down to Turn It Up that morning but they had neither on vinyl. So I drove to Amherst the next day and tried the Newbury Comics, who were out of both CDs and had no Ritter vinyl and wanted $20 for the Hold Steady vinyl. So I went home and ordered both from Amazon and they showed up at my door two days later, $23 including shipping.

Also: you should get together with Ritter and maybe have a heart-to-heart regarding songs about mummies and murder ballads and songs in which girls repeat "black hole black hole" over and over and over again. Might be a difficult conversation but it seems like a great way to sell more records. As I say, win-win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home