The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

9/9/07

September 8 2007: Drunk Stuntmen, Orange Crush, Unit 7, Rusty Belle, Fancy Trash - Pines Theatre, Florence MA

The Trash were playing for free with a bunch of other local groups so Gabbi and Susanne and Jack and I went down for a couple hours to listen to some music and drink some beers.

We only caught the last couple Fancy Trash tunes, but then Rusty Belle played and their opening song (I think it's called "No Sacrifice") was fantastic! The dry drum sounds and the muddy guitar and harmony vocals were exactly what I wanted to hear. And Gabbi informs me that she has friends who often have parties where Rusty Belle play. I am excited about attending these parties in the future. This band totally exemplifies the reason I love living in Northampton.

But then after that came a wedding band, followed by a covers band, and then the Drunk Stuntmen, who were pretty good. And apparently their singer is Alex Johnson, who I'd just seen play solo the other night. Maybe it was just because I recognized some of the tunes, but he was a lot better with his band.

And you can't beat cold beers and local music following an afternoon of swimming at this unbelievably idyllic spot in Leeds. To western Massachusetts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home