The Rock And Roll O Logues

short stories about music

Name:
Location: Northampton MA

3/30/08

March 29 2008: Kathleen Edwards - Pearl Street Ballroom, Northampton MA

My plan was to head to the Brass Cat to see the Fawns play. Either that or go to the Amity Front's CD release show. But then Lisa called and said she and Drew were outside the Kathleen Edwards gig and some lady had given her an extra ticket for free, and I was third or fourth on the list but no one else was answering their phone on a Saturday night. And I'd been talking with Sweeney about Kathleen Edwards just yesterday, and he said I'd really like her, so I hopped on the bike and headed downtown.

She was great. Great songs, great band, great to look at. What more do you want from an act you've never heard before? My favorite song of the night was one that she played in the encore by herself on an electric mandolin. I have no idea what it was called. But man, was it good. I need to borrow some of her albums from someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home